I'm back with some Saturday baking!
It feels like forever since I’ve shared a recipe with you all. I’ve been busy! I started my last semester of undergrad. I am taking four classes, working a 15+ hour internship, as well as working 20 hours a week. And on top of that, I’ve been working like crazy getting posts ready to share with you all.
I’m tired and I am inspired. I’m really proud of the work I’ve done over the past week and a half or so.
I imagine I’ll be leaning on the self care aspect of Yellow Apron more than ever in this season because I am stressed! I am waiting to hear back from grad schools, which will determine where I live for the next two years!! Very stressful, very anxiety inducing. I’m trying my hardest to trust the process and let go of some of the anxiety, but it’s hard!!
Also, have I mentioned I’m taking and editing all my own photos now?! Up until Christmas I was relying on my boyfriend to take and edit all my photos. He is so talented and wildly gracious and supportive of me.
Luckily, I am able to take my own photos now. I’m still trying to get the hang of it. I have definitely noticed some improvements.
Let’s get to baking!
These cookies are delicious. So yummy! So easy! This recipe is inspired by King Arthur’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies.
First, you’ll need to brown your butter. Place butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir. It should take about 5-8 minutes for the butter to begin to brown. It will become darker in color and give off a delicious nutty smell. Remove from heat and set aside. Let cool for 10 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla extract. Mix for 2-3 minutes, or until the color of the batter lightens.
Next, add dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Using a tbsp scoop, scoop dough into balls and place on prepared cookie sheet, spaced 2 inches apart.
Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes. Let cool on the baking tray for 3-5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool the rest of the way.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! It feels good to share another recipe with you all! Happy Saturday!!
Brown Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper of non-stick spray.
- Brown butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until butter comes a dark amber color. Remove from heat. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat butter and sugars together on medium speed until smooth in a large mixing bowl. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Mix into the butter mixture until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls and set on the cookie sheet. Leave 2 inches between each ball of dough.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until light brown. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.