Here is one of my favorite salads! I've been making this one a lot lately!!!
Fall is undoubtedly my favorite season. Something about the leaves changing colors and the air getting cooler feels nostalgic to me. I just love it!
I wanted to switch things up on the blog today and share something other than baked goods! While baked goods are fun and delicious, I think it is important to note that we need to be consuming all sorts of different foods that provide us with all sorts of important nutrients.
I love salad. I know people have a lot of mixed feelings about it, and that’s fair. I know diet culture makes people want to choose salad over other options out of fear. Fear has no room around food, at least in my book. I am sharing this salad recipe with you all because I genuinely love it. I love the textures. I love the flavor. I love the way it makes my body feel.
This salad is so easy to throw together. I made it as a side salad for my dinner the other night and loved it!
You’ll want to rinse your produce and make sure it’s clean. Add your kale to a large bowl, removing any stems as you go. Next, chop the ends off of the brussels sprouts and remove any yellow leaves. Cut each sprout into thin slices and add to the bowl with the kale.
Top the salad with pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and crumbled goat cheese. I said to use honey goat cheese (if you have access to it). If not, just use regular goat cheese! It works just as well!
In a separate bowl whisk together the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss the salad until the dressing is evenly dispersed. Enjoy!!
Fall Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad
- 4 cups shredded baby kale
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced brussels sprouts
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup honey goat cheese crumbled
Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Rinse the kale and brussels sprouts. Put kale in a large bowl. Cut off the ends of the brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow leaves. Cut each sprout into thin slices and mix with the kale. Top salad with pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and goat cheese.
- Prepare the salad dressing in a small bowl. Whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss the salad and enjoy!